Welcome to the website of the Shropshire Local Optical Committee (LOC)
Shropshire LOC is an organisation that represents both Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians in Shropshire. LOC’s were formed to be the official representatives for all GOS contractors and practitioners within their area and to work with local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG) on matters relating to NHS optical services.
Purpose of the LOC
- Informing, advising and negotiating with local NHS England teams and CCGs on matters including delivering GOS, delivering local extended primary care services, and acting on other issues relevant to the local optical community.
- Responding to relevant consultations
- Disseminating information among local contractors and performers to help them understand and comply with their duties
- Conveying the views of local contractors and performers to the national representative bodies
- Contributing to the development of national policies
- Liaising with other LOCs and LOCSU to support the LOC in developing and achieving their objectives
- Obtaining support, advice and training services from LOCSU/and or national representative bodies