For the latest information, advice and updates, please visit our Covid-19 page at https://www.loc-online.co.uk/hertfordshire-loc/news/
Domiciliary Guidance issued July 2021
FODO advise that The Domiciliary Eyecare Committee (DEC) has published updated guidance for domiciliary eye care providers and practitioners for the next phases of the Covid-19 pandemic. It updates guidance originally issued in June 2020 and takes account of latest knowledge about infectivity, the availability of PPE, vaccination and lateral flow testing.
Princess Alexandra Hospital Referrals July 2021
We have been asked to remind practitioners that all routine referrals to the hospital should be sent to the patient’s GP in West Essex and East & North Herts, if the patient wants to be seen in PAH.
DO NOT send routine referrals to email@example.com This should only be used for urgent and emergency referrals once the Advice and Guidance received from one of the Hospital Consultants requests this information.
Routine referrals sent to this email address stop the patients who have urgent or emergency referrals from being triaged in a timely manner.
Guidance for Primary Eye Car July 2021
A Joint Statement has been issued by ABDO, AOP, the College and FODO, HERE regarding updated Guidance for Primary Eyecare. The GOC have issued a similar statement, HERE and NHS England have also confirmed that face coverings must continue to be worn in healthcare settings, HERE.
Herts Vision Loss
At a recent committee meeting, we met Jo Carter who is the CEO of local charity Herts Vision Loss. We learnt about the fantastic work that they do and wanted to share this information with our optometry colleagues.
More information, including a useful leaflet for your practice and their latest newsletter, can be found HERE.
Referral Advice and Contact Details
- Princess Alexandra Hospital Eye Casualty Referral Form 29/01/2021
- Referral information from Princess Alexandra Hospital 22/12/2020
- Stort Valley MECS Information 14/12/2020
- Cataract referral advice for those practitioners using Addenbrooke’s 21/08/2020
- Update from our Chair about Moorfields Referrals and Eye Casualty Map 03/08/2020
- Click Here for an update for all practitioners in Herts Valleys CCG area referring to CHEC 04/06/2020
- Ceasing Of E&NH Glaucoma Scheme With CHEC 09/05/2020
- Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire clinical threshold for elective cataract surgery – July 2019
- Wet AMD Referral Form -December 2015
- Letter from Moorfields to all practitioners regarding increasing numbers of referrals – Feb 2020
- Paediatric Prescribing and Referrals – A Powerpoint Presentation by E & N Herts NHS Trust Ophthalmology Dept – Feb 2020
- Paediatric Prescribing and Referrals – A PDF version of above for those without a powerpoint viewer – Feb 2020
GOS and Voucher Advice and Information
- Voucher Values – June 2019
- GOS Voucher Claims – Link to “Making Accurate Claims In England” – May 2014
- Updated Guidance on Small Glasses Supplement – June 2019
- Pre-Authorisation of Adult GOS4 – December 2018
- Application for Second Voucher – to be emailed FROM A NHS.NET ADDRESS to your area team – Jan 2020
- NHS Advice to the public on help towards the cost of eye tests and vouchers – July 2019
- PCSE advice and links
Advice from HVCCG on when Optoms should get reports or feedback from CHEC following a patient’s consultation with them.
CHEC have provided the following information about reports and feedback:
The process is as follows.
- For Glaucoma patients referred to us, we send an outcome letter to the patient and their GP.
- For non-glaucoma patients referred from an Optometrist we send an outcome letter back to their Optometrist
- There are some patients which have been transferred from other Providers, such as The Practice, where the original referred isn’t known. In this instance the Optometrist would not have received an outcome letter, as we would not have known the information.
Optometrists can request the information from the patient who should have an outcome letter. They could also contact CHEC for the information, but our team would need to see evidence that the patient is an actual patient of the Optometrists via our EPR system otherwise we can’t share the information without the patient’s explicit consent.