2020 Coastal West Sussex Referral Guide
9 March 2020
Coastal West Sussex CCG (CWS CCG), Western Sussex Hospitals Trust (WSHFT) and the West Sussex Local Optical Committee (LOC) have been working together to update the Ophthalmology What to do When referral guidelines document. The guidance is for optometrists and GPs and includes guidance for children and adult referrals.
There are several older documents in circulation locally. This revised document, dated March 2020 will replace all older versions and can be found on the following websites:
· Coastal West Sussex CCG website: https://www.coastalwestsussexccg.nhs.uk/ophthalmology
· West Sussex LOC website: http://www.westsussexloc.org.uk
A working group consisting of local consultants, optometrists and commissioners have created this guidance to
- Remind referrers that our local hospital eye services do not provide a walk in service.
- Assist referrers to ensure referrals are made in the right way and to the right priority:
- Emergency patients – Referrers to call and email the referral to the hospital; the patient to be given a same day appointment.
- Urgent patients – Referrers to call and email the referral to the hospital; the patient to be given an appointment within 1 to 2 weeks.
- Routine patients – Referrers to follow the standard CCG referral pathways. (This may include a GOS18 to the patients GP practice or a referral through Optomanager.)
West Sussex LOC Latest News
Welcome to the new website for WSLOC!
Welcome to our new website, we hope that you find the information and resources on within the site helpful. Please contact us via email if you have any suggestions or information you’d like us to consider. You can reach our administrator via email address email@example.com
4 November 2021